Saturday, August 15, 2015

To market, to market...

If you're wondering what's been going on with all this radio silence, I can assure you it's not because we've been lazy. I mean, we probably HAVE been pretty lazy, but it's been quiet on the blog because Alfie had his neuter on Tuesday and he developed a lovely scrotal hematoma so we've been dealing with that and trying to keep him moderately quiet.

He also had xrays, follow up urine sample, microchip, and a nail trim.

And he rolled in his poop right after the procedure.

Another week of meds for the UTI, the hematoma is now resorbing, and they tell me the xrays looked fine. No signs of dysplasia or previous fractures, etc.

I still don't know what the deal is with him hopping on one back leg sometimes, but I think I may start him on a joint supplement and see if that helps. it makes me think there's some sort of soft tissue thing going on.

At any rate, today's weather is gorgeous, so I took Andre to the farmer's market first, and then took

Alfie. I strapped on the GoPro and filmed a few minutes from when we first got out of the car.

While he wasn't able to sit on cue, this is a big improvement from the last time we came, if you can believe it. You can see that he's a little overwhelmed by the environment, though he's not panicked. And this time, he was able to look at me. We did a few reps of Rapid Fire Treats and then just some treats for attention. And then we went for a walk through the market.



His tail was up for the most part and he was interested in things. He got a little nervous when he first encountered Max, a Landseer Newfoundland, but who can blame him? Luckily Max is a big teddy bear.


All in all, he did very well. I'm really pleased that he's continuing to come out of his shell and hopefully with more (happy!!) exposure and continued training at home, we can continue on this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment